ISMS Online Seminar Series 2
Big Data Strategy:”Its Role in Flattening the Curve of Covid-19”.
21 Mei 2020, 13.30 - 15.30 WIB
Registration click HERE
Already a member? New to the ISMS? There are many ways to get involved: you can join our Interest Group or Community Leadership and plan a workshop or organize a panel session; you can organize a special conference; or you can become an editor for one of our journals or a reviewer for a conference! Explore our site to find where you'll make connections in the ISMS!
The SMS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization incorporated in 1983 under the Indiana Nonprofit Corporation Act. Founded at an inaugural meeting in London in 1981, the Society operates exclusively for charitable, scientific, and educational purposes to promote and encourage superior research and practice in the field of strategic management. The activities of the Society include:
- The publication of three leading academic journals: Strategic Management Journal, Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, and Global Strategy Journal.
- The planning and execution of two to four conferences/year, facilitating cooperation and interchange of ideas among 150-1,300 attending academics, business practitioners, and consultants.
- The funding of research projects to advance the field of strategic management.
- The acknowledgement of achievement and scholarly excellence through awards.
- The development and delivery of engagement and networking opportunities.
The SMS is membership based, enjoying the support of approximately 3,000 members annually, representing more than 1,100 institutions and companies in 70+ countries.
- Our activities are made possible through the dedicated support of hundreds of individuals who take on responsibilities, volunteering their time and expertise.
- In addition to the groups of volunteers included below, other key roles within the organization include: Journal Co-Editors, Associate Editors, and Editorial Review Board Members; Conference Program Chairs, Track Directors, and Workshop Directors; SRF Co-Chairs and Program Chairs; Award Directors; and many more who develop and promote the content within SMS activities.
- The work is coordinated by a small professional office located in Chicago, Illinois.
To act as a catalyst for building and disseminating new ideas in research, practice, and teaching in strategic management, the SMS offers Interest Groups and Communities (IG&Cs) to its members.
- Each IG recognizes a major stream of research interest and facilitates members’ exchange of ideas through conference programming, webinars, and networking.
- Communities create a bridge for interested individuals across all streams of research to focus on methods and teaching in the field.
- The IG&C leadership is elected each year and is comprised of the Chairperson, Program Chair, Associate Program Chair, and six Representatives-at-Large. After one year of service, the Associate Program Chair automatically becomes the Program Chair and continues as the Chairperson the year following, for a full three-year term. The six Representatives-at-Large are elected for two-year terms. Their terms are staggered so that three Representatives-at-Large are elected each year.
Board of Directors
The organization is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of 14 members.
- Every other year, the membership elects a new President-Elect for a two-year term. At the conclusion of the term as President-Elect, this individual becomes President for two years and then Past-President for another two-year term.
- The membership annually elects three Directors-at-Large for three-year terms.
- The Board appoints a Treasurer for a term of three years.
- The Board appoints an Executive Director as outlined in Bylaws who acts as the Secretary for the Board and manages the Executive Office.
- There are eight Committees comprised of Board members who oversee operational and programmatic areas of the organization.